dimanche, mai 01, 2005

joyous day

yes indeed, it is a joyous day for me..
it may seem quite exagerating but oh well..

i finally got my hands on the korean serial: 大长今(dachanggeum)..
and the best part? i don't have to spend a single cent..
yes, i stole it.. i'm a natural born thief..
no.. i'm just pulling your leg, well in fact i borrowed it from my uncle..
his wife is a major fan of korean serials that they have a shelf full of them..
it was all the better because i had planned to buy it tomorrow when i go malaysia..
what can i say? heaven has been very kind to me.. very..

so pardon me if i start to blog less than before.. you'll know what i'm doing..

for the uninitiated, dachanggeum or jewel in the palace, is about the true story of the first female imperial doctor in the korean dynasty history, how she went in the palace as a kitchen helper who had worked herself up the ladder to be the head chef, or something like that, but was chased out of the palace by conspiracies, and fought back into the palace by studying medicine.. and you figure the rest..

i got interested in korean history and culture after having some good friends from korea and had searched the web for some good movies and serials to watch, and i happened upon this serial..
i found it very intriguing, due to my interest in history, how ironic when i had fared so badly during history when i was in secondary school.. haha
and so i started searching for it, well, more from my friends so i can borrow rather than to buy it.. and for 2 months i had no success until my mom went to my uncle's place this afternoon, and the rest is history..

so, no time to waste now.. let the show begin!..
a+