mardi, novembre 30, 2004

a wonderful weekend..
dinner on saturday night with my roommates, gerry and mr wong, the korean gals, nari and sung, and my salsa partner from china, liping.. ok.. mayb i sounded rather racist.. haha
나는 데릭 입니다.
the first korean phrase that i have learnt from my korean and climbing buddy, baek, or formally known as pecoso (pronounced bec-ko-so)..
it simply means: "I'm Derrick" (na nin derrick ip ni da)..
i see myself as someone who's easily interested in fresh and new stuffs, and the trip to france offers me a glimpse to a whole new and interesting world..
it's a big mixing pot of cultures and language, thus i find myself wanting to learn something from them..
on the other hand, i know myself well that i'm someone who gets tired easily after learning something for a while but does not see myself improving.. one classic case is with learning japanese..
i've grown up watching japanese anime and tv series and reading manga, and finally got to learn japanese on my second semestre in NTU, but guess what, i dropped it after that semetre and crossed over to french instead because i sucked at it..
i can't even speak a complete japanese sentence to my friend after a sem, that was so demoralizing..
i just hope its not the case with french or korean.. at least now i have programs on my laptop that allows me to practice typing korean..
cold today.. woke up shivering.. that's not good at all.. i hated it.. waking up to such unwelcoming feel..
anyway, back to my account of my weekend.. see how unfocused i am?.. man..
made my first kimchi.. yes, the preserved cabbage of korean cuisine..
but made some amendments to the original receipe from baek to suit my taste and diet, which does not include garlic.. and i passed.. haha..
lazy sunday, read asterix as part of our french course which we need to do a presentation on it..
never knew reading comics in french can be so different.. i don't ever remember carrying a dictionary and even opening it when i was reading it in english.. there were so many words that i have never came across.. argh.. ok, that was horrible..
evening came and i went for a jazz fest at UTT with nari, which was quite nice with a rather unusual rhythm.. and of course, there was the international dinner at julia and martina's place.. german cuisine we had.. and a small pre-christmas present.. aren't they sweet.. both the present and them..
think i rambled a little too much again.. typical derrick.. i think i have a case of typing diahoerra disease.. but ain't i so kind to let my friends know that i'm doing very fine here?
ok.. a plus tard!

2 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

i hope you dont lose your interests in korean at this time. =)( although i dont think korean is "useful" one. its rather like secret languge especially here in france. no one can understand korean. lol ) bon courage! - sung

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

oh, and "everyone" gets tired easily after learning something for a while, but does not see oneself improving. i took german lessons, and changed to japenese lessons, and now im learning french but still suck at all. and now, i "should" get some chinese to get a job in korea. euw -ㅠ-

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home